AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

JCG1316
Message 1 of 7 (444 Views)

SSA GIS import problem

444 Views, 6 Replies
04-25-2012 10:23 AM

Hi,

When executing the GIS import command the import Wizard comes up. On Step 2 of 4, the “Pipe” properties of SSA (Storm Fields) are matched to those in the GIS shp file (Imported Data Fields). Similarly, on Step 3 of 4, the “Junctions” properties of SSA (Storm Fields) are matched to those in the GIS shp file (Imported Data Fields). On this step, Storm Fields 1 through 4 of SSA are matched to an Imported Data Field from the GIS shp file, and the rest are left blank as follows:

1. Junction node ID - matched
  2. Description - matched
  3. Invert elevation (ft) - matched
  4. Rim elevation (ft) - matched
  5. Maximum depth (ft) – in the numerous import attempts this field has been left blank, it has been assigned the same GIS field as the Rim elevation, and it has also been assigned a value that does not necessarily mean anything (just to see if it would import the values of that field).
  6. Initial depth (ft) – left blank
  7. Surcharge depth (ft) – left blank
  8. Ponded area (sq-ft) – left blank
  9. User-defined flow (cfs) - left blank
  10. Dry weather low (cfs) – left blank

The GIS shp file seems to be imported just fine. However, the properties such as “3. Invert elevation”, “4. Rim elevation”, and “5. Maximum depth”, are simply assuming the default values that are in the “Node defaults” in the “Element Prototypes” tab of the “Project Options” dialog box. The values of the GIS shp file for some reason are not imported.

What could be wrong? Do all the “Storm Fields” have to be matched to something from the GIS shp file even though some of the fields that are left blank are not used?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

dmo1205
Message 2 of 7 (355 Views)

Re: SSA GIS import problem

07-09-2012 03:15 PM in reply to: JCG1316

I'm also having a problem with this program and the GIS import feature. It has intermetently worked but as of late it is not importing my sanitary or storm mains. Any tips would be appreciated

Valued Contributor
ouspensky
Message 3 of 7 (232 Views)

02-18-2014 06:49 PM in reply to: JCG1316

I am having the same problem as this guy when I bring in Shapefiles I only get basin areas no other fields come over.  I posted a dataset and screenshots of my settings.  also the basins do not connect with pourpoints automatically either.

Valued Contributor
ouspensky
Message 4 of 7 (230 Views)

02-18-2014 06:55 PM in reply to: JCG1316

I am having the same problem as this guy when I bring in Shapefiles I only get basin areas no other fields come over.  I posted a dataset and screenshots of my settings.  also the basins do not connect with pourpoints automatically either.

Valued Contributor
hamid.akbari
Message 5 of 7 (197 Views)

03-17-2014 10:27 AM in reply to: ouspensky

unfortunately Atodesk dose not support user at SSA so good I am not satisfied from them at SSA.

I asked several questions but I haven't received anything!!!

Employee
Matt.Anderson
Message 6 of 7 (186 Views)

03-17-2014 03:50 PM in reply to: hamid.akbari

The best bet is to open a support request to get answers quickly.  

Matthew Anderson, PE
Product Manager
Valued Contributor
hamid.akbari
Message 7 of 7 (174 Views)

03-18-2014 06:47 AM in reply to: Matt.Anderson
how can I do that ? please let me know thanks
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.