Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA GIS import problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JCG1316
1029 Views, 7 Replies

SSA GIS import problem

Hi,

When executing the GIS import command the import Wizard comes up. On Step 2 of 4, the “Pipe” properties of SSA (Storm Fields) are matched to those in the GIS shp file (Imported Data Fields). Similarly, on Step 3 of 4, the “Junctions” properties of SSA (Storm Fields) are matched to those in the GIS shp file (Imported Data Fields). On this step, Storm Fields 1 through 4 of SSA are matched to an Imported Data Field from the GIS shp file, and the rest are left blank as follows:

1. Junction node ID - matched
  2. Description - matched
  3. Invert elevation (ft) - matched
  4. Rim elevation (ft) - matched
  5. Maximum depth (ft) – in the numerous import attempts this field has been left blank, it has been assigned the same GIS field as the Rim elevation, and it has also been assigned a value that does not necessarily mean anything (just to see if it would import the values of that field).
  6. Initial depth (ft) – left blank
  7. Surcharge depth (ft) – left blank
  8. Ponded area (sq-ft) – left blank
  9. User-defined flow (cfs) - left blank
  10. Dry weather low (cfs) – left blank

The GIS shp file seems to be imported just fine. However, the properties such as “3. Invert elevation”, “4. Rim elevation”, and “5. Maximum depth”, are simply assuming the default values that are in the “Node defaults” in the “Element Prototypes” tab of the “Project Options” dialog box. The values of the GIS shp file for some reason are not imported.

What could be wrong? Do all the “Storm Fields” have to be matched to something from the GIS shp file even though some of the fields that are left blank are not used?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dmo1205
in reply to: JCG1316

I'm also having a problem with this program and the GIS import feature. It has intermetently worked but as of late it is not importing my sanitary or storm mains. Any tips would be appreciated

Message 3 of 8
ouspensky

I am having the same problem as this guy when I bring in Shapefiles I only get basin areas no other fields come over.  I posted a dataset and screenshots of my settings.  also the basins do not connect with pourpoints automatically either.

Message 4 of 8
ouspensky

I am having the same problem as this guy when I bring in Shapefiles I only get basin areas no other fields come over.  I posted a dataset and screenshots of my settings.  also the basins do not connect with pourpoints automatically either.

Message 5 of 8
hamid.akbari
in reply to: ouspensky

unfortunately Atodesk dose not support user at SSA so good I am not satisfied from them at SSA.

I asked several questions but I haven't received anything!!!

Message 6 of 8

The best bet is to open a support request to get answers quickly.  

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 7 of 8

how can I do that ? please let me know thanks
Message 8 of 8
kellyh

We are up to version 2016 and the GIS import and export still have issues blanking out feilds on import and export.  We are seeing basin shapefiles without closed rings which produce errors.  When those basins are error checked, the database feilds are all blanked out.  I have tried to import data but the feilds I chose are not carried over.  It has been frustration all around to see this marketed for GIS compatability and the functionality is not there.  Seems like this was an ignore it and maybe it will go away post but it is still a signifigant problem with SSA.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report