Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA for spillway

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
derryck1234
360 Views, 3 Replies

SSA for spillway

I want to run a simulation for a spillway to compare Civil 3d's analysis with HEC-RAS.

I thought that it would be possible to simply use an open channel as a link. My problem is that I want to have various links so that I can create different slopes for each link.

My problem comes when I need to have a node at each end of a link. If I put a man hole, all the program asks for is the invert and cover level of the man-hole...what about the other dimensions (i.e. cross section)? Ideally I want no man-hole at all, just a simple change in grade...so I would put the cover level very high...

What would you suggest? Should I maybe rather design the spillway in Civil 3D somehow? I am just not sure how to do this...and can I even run a simulation in CIVIL 3d?

Regards

Derryck

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: derryck1234

Perhaps a Junction would be a valid choice.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
derryck1234
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill

I put in manholes...because in my SSA, the 'junction' button always refers to a manhole...why can I not enter a cross section for a manhole/junction? All I can enter is the invert and cover elevation? What is the default cross section of the manhole/junction then? Does it even have one?

Yesterday I ran the system with manholes...it seemed to run fiine...but I have a question...The peak run-off (in cumecs) was less than the peak run-offs in my conveyence links? How is this possible?

Regards

Derryck

Message 4 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: derryck1234

i believe the junction represents a 4' internal diameter manhole.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report