Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA Error 601

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JLB85
5717 Views, 5 Replies

SSA Error 601

I'm brand new to SSA so this might be an easy issue to resolve but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong...

I've exported my storm sewer network from Civil 3D 2012 into SSA and when I try to run the model it tells me that all my inlets have invalid by-pass links.

"ERROR 601 : Inlet RCVR 3 has invalid by-pass link.at line 87 of [DIV_INL_PROPS] section:"

I've tried to set up a small model from scratch as well and I get the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
amit1304in
in reply to: JLB85

This error shows that you have defined inlets in your project. As per error message RCVR 3 inlet is an ongrade inlet so you need to define two outlet links from RCVR 3 and after connecting two outlet links you have assign one link in "Roadway/gutter bypass link". This will solve the error

Thanks

Amit Garg

Message 3 of 6
JLB85
in reply to: amit1304in

Simple enough, thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 6
big.worm
in reply to: amit1304in

Hi Amit,

I can't quite understand why I'm getting the error. Why does a sump need two outlets? the sump is on grade. What is a bypass gutter link?

"ERROR 600 : On grade Inlet SouthN42 does not have two outlet links. At least one stormwater sewer pipe and a bypass gutter link must be defined"

Thanks

Mike

Message 5 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: big.worm

As best as I can tell, the program assumes that at some point your flow will by-pass an On-Grade Inlet.  Change the Inlet to a SAG and it will work without the extra link.

Bill

Message 6 of 6
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: big.worm

The inlet capacity (runoff inlet can take) is dependent on its grate and curb opening geometry. Assume 10 cfs is coming to the inlet, and its capacity if only 4 cfs, then 6 cfs has to bypass, continue on down grade to the next inlet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report