Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA - Adding Custom Inlet Grates/Manufacturers to Database

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
civilsmitty
1149 Views, 3 Replies

SSA - Adding Custom Inlet Grates/Manufacturers to Database

I'm having trouble identifying where, in the SSA program, custom inlet grates can be added manually to the database and pull down menu for surface inlet calculations.  I have several local manufacturers that we see used by contractors on a frequent basis and would like to add them to the mix.  Do you have to use part builder in Civil3D and import? 

Any guidance?

Best,

S. Smith

SSA 2011

C3D 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: civilsmitty

Dear Mr. Smith,

In SSA, the custom inlets are defined in terms of their capture curve which can be defined by selecting either the Gutter Depth Capture or Gutter Flow Capture Curve as shown in the pictorial diagram attached.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 4
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: civilsmitty

S. Smith -

For Civil 3D and SSA 2011, the FHWA inlets can be changed per instance.

For Civil 3D 2012, and SSA 2012, there is a Part Matching XML process that allows you to customize your part library so that a Part Family in Civil 3D has custom FHWA HEC-22 parameters.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 4
civilsmitty
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Thank you both.

So I'm clear, it sounds as if you can insert your own grate hydraulic functions on a project by project basis in SSA by retrieving the flow curves from the manufacturer and to input them manually.  Is there a way to save these structures in the database from SSA to avoid the need to reinput the data every time?

Sounds like we can link Part Building in Civil3D 2012 through this XML process and have them show up for use in SSA 2012.  Is this correct?  Can you point me to the location of these commands?

FYI, I noticed my signature still posted 2011, but I am running 2012.

S. Smith

Civil3D2012

SSA 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report