Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA 2012 Profile Plot Issues with Gutter Links

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jahunt05
678 Views, 3 Replies

SSA 2012 Profile Plot Issues with Gutter Links

I have setup a storm model with catchbasins, storm pipes and roadway gutter bypass flows. The bypass links are setup as a link with the appropriate bypass link and upstream link. The model runs correctly without errors. My issue is viewing the profile plot. When I select the downstream node and upstream node, it is showing the gutter link instead of the storm pipe link with the HGL. How do I set it to only show the storm pipe? See attached profile plot. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: jahunt05

Hi,

You may want to select the storm sewer pipes that you want to plot by selecting the links/pipes sequentially as shown in this video: http://www.screencast.com/t/1odLdJyn2

I hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 4
jahunt05
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Matt,

Thanks for the quick response. My issue is that the gutter link is directly on top of the storm pipe link which is why I am not able to select it. How do you create the gutter link with an offset as the video shows? Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: jahunt05

Hi,

There are two options, first is while digitizing the network, you can draw the links/pipe/channel the way you want to offset them.

Second option, if it was imported or has been drawn to lay on top of each other (like your case), make sure that the coordinate is not locked (the lock sign in the menu bar), then

-> right click on the link and select Edit Vertices > Add vertices(add as many as you require) > press the vertices and drag your mouse to the required location for the offset.

http://www.screencast.com/t/r1EpOwZr

Note: You may want to make sure that you are offsetting the roadway gutter link for ease of plotting.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report