Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer Property Connections on Profile View

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
javbarcelo
581 Views, 1 Reply

Sewer Property Connections on Profile View

Hi there,

I have created a sewer pipe network in C3D for a fairly large development project of 270 properties. Each property has it's own  connection to the main sewer line. To check for clashes with the drainage network and other utilities, I have modelled those property connections in C3D, but in a separate network so I don't get the main sewer lines divided into segments where they meet each other. Anyway, I was wondering if there's a way to display those connections on the long sections as per our standards. This is a T shape marker at the upstream IL of the property connection pipe. That marker should extend up to the top of the main pipe. Please see image attached for clarification. So far I have only managed to show the downstream IL as a crossing pipe, but the bosses here aren't that happy with that. I thought about creating points at the beginning of each property connection pipe, then assign the elevation of the upstream IL and finally projecting them on the profile with the right style. Unfortunately there are a few cons to these method. Firstly, it's not fully dynamic If you move the property connection pipe or change the IL, you have to do the same thing with each point. Secondly, the T shape marker will not extend up to the top of the main pipe, so that will have to be drawn manually. Does anybody have any idea how to do this? Apparently it can be done in 12D, so I was hoping C3D would be able too.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Javier

C3D 2011 V2. Windows XP 64b

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
javbarcelo
in reply to: javbarcelo

Hi there everybody,

I was wondering if anybody has come across how to deal with the sewer property connections on profile view? Please see first post for a full description.

Cheers

Javier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report