Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sag Gutter Overflow Condiditons

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rdbrennan48
393 Views, 3 Replies

Sag Gutter Overflow Condiditons

Is anyone aware of a way to define a emergency overflow elevation to a intake at a sag point. I would like to find a way to accuratly route the 100yr storms through a model containing both my storm sewer and detention models.

Any help or comments would be appriciated thanks

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
annw2
in reply to: rdbrennan48

Storm Sewers does have a local depression option in the gutter flow.

Will that work?

Also the Hydraflow does allow to divert by structure.  Insert 2 blank rows below the hydrograph you want to split, then select the inflow hydrograph then the divert icon on the right.  You should be able to divert by one of the outfall structures.

I use this frequently to diver by infiltration for the NPDES volume calculations.

I haven't used SSA yet.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 3 of 4
rgalbraith

Could you define a weir with the crest elevation set to the emergency overflow elevation and link it to intake at the sag point?

Civil 3D 2013 / 2014
Win7 x64
Core i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz
8Gb Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6700
Dell XPS 8300
Message 4 of 4
rdbrennan48

I was hoping that there was a better way to do it but that does work. I have to set the rim elevation of the intake 1-2 ft higher depending the vrest elevation of the weir. I wish there was a way to make that work so you can maintain the import and export properties with CAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report