Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record animation in SSA

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jgladin
680 Views, 5 Replies

Record animation in SSA

I am having no success recording an animation of the profile plot. Each time I try to play back the animation in windows media player all I have is a black screen. Has anyone had success recording animations? Is it worth the effort?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: jgladin

Can you review the Output menu and the Animation Recording Options... 

I would likely assume that when you go to play the file, you are missing a video codec.  Can you post your file if it small enough?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 6
jgladin
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

I have checked the recording options and tried both the AVI codec w/ microsoft video 1 option, and the WMV video.  The AVI option produces a much larger file and the WMV file is tiny, 15 kb, which tells me it obviously didn't work. I've attached both video files.   Apparently the video files are not one of the allowed file extensions, so I've attached the ssa file.

Nevermind, it won't let me attach the .spf file either. Are you kidding?

Message 4 of 6
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: jgladin

jgladin -

Please try email me the files or zip the files and attach them here.  Can you also provide the operating system that you are using? 

matt dot anderson at autodesk dot com

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 6

I can reproduce the error when recording the animation from the second monitor.  For the recording software to capture it correctly, move SSA to the primary monitor.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 6 of 6
jgladin
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Thank you!  That was exactly the issue.  I recorded the animation on my primary monitor and I now can play back the video without a problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report