AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

Contributor
ChrisDawsonACT
Message 1 of 4 (158 Views)

Pipe Lable - Plan

158 Views, 3 Replies
06-25-2012 03:50 PM

Hi All, I am trying to find a way of showing a particular label (local authority requirement) to include pipe invert levels (not depth as the standard lable uses, For Example IL 506.234 not -1.45). This is a very important step for me to allow our team to possibily convert fron the chunky 12d model software (referring to outputs mainly, not the design tool itself which I find pretty good) that is currently used for pipe network to Civil3D.

If we can not produce lables to LA equirements this may be a dead duck and all the talking up I have done about Civil3D as a past user may come to nothing!

I have read a bit already but only seen that Civil3D may not have athe ability to show pipe inverts up and down stream.

Also, as a 'wish list' item I would like to see another shape for manhole lable (Plan) (currently circle and rectangle), with the addition of a hexagon shape option.

Regards,

Chris

Contributor
ChrisDawsonACT
Message 2 of 4 (152 Views)

Re: Pipe Label - Plan

06-25-2012 08:10 PM in reply to: ChrisDawsonACT

Cancel this request. For some unknown reason the Invert Levels as I require have somehow appeared. I always thought this should have been the case but was unsure why I was only seeing depth to invert. Perhaps it was because I labeled from General TAB not the Pipes TAB, that I should have used anyway. My excuse is I have not used CD3 for almost 2 years so better it works anyhow than no how. Apologies for those who read this.

Chris

Employee
Matt.Anderson
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: Pipe Lable - Plan

06-28-2012 06:04 AM in reply to: ChrisDawsonACT

Hexagon manholes?  Do you have specifications on those somewhere?

Matthew Anderson, PE
Product Manager
Contributor
ChrisDawsonACT
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Pipe Lable - Plan

06-28-2012 03:03 PM in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Sorry I am talking about the structure lable 'border', not the structure iotself. At present the lable options for boders, cirlce, rectangle and retangle with fillets. These guys here in Canberra use a hexagon. Hope that makes more sense.

Cheers,

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.