Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe crossing and projection issue in profile view

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jharry1234
964 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe crossing and projection issue in profile view

I'm having an issue where the symbols for a pipe are showing at a different inverts for projected and crossing, for the same pipe. I'm sure that doesn't make sense. In other words, it is just a crossing pipe that is displayed in a profile. When I turn on my crossing pipe symbol, all is good and I know where the pipe crosses my alignment. However, I discovered this because I was trying to drag the pipe label to the center of the crossing pipe and it was off. I then discovered that when I turned on the projected pipe lines for the crossing pipe, it is showing up in a different location vertically.

I verified that the crossing sybmol is at the right invert based on checking the crossing pipe profile. So why would the projected lines not cross through the crossing linework? Makes no sense. The attached screenshot may be of help. The pipe in question is "FM" and is crossing "WL31 (3) and WL31 (1), at point "VB4"

pipe-profile-projection_crossing.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccoles
in reply to: jharry1234

To my best knowledge and experience, the 'projection' of line "FM" is actually an attempt by the profile tool to profile the pipe 'FM'. But, the profile tool has a dificult time profiling a pipe that is skewed through or offset from the alignment, and returns unpredictable results. In these cases, I find that the best solution is to use a pipe style override to show the pipe "FM" by a style that uses the pipe crossing only on just that profile. This would eliminate the a pipe 'projection' that the profile tool is displaying incorrectly.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 4
jharry1234
in reply to: ccoles

Thanks for the response. That was what I figured as well. Just can't figure out why the projected pipe doesn't cross at the "crossing pipe" style location, even if the rest of it is incorrect. It's too bad because you can't use an automated label for the crossing pipe because it puts the text in the wrong spot. For now I have to manually insert profile view labels, which is OK, but not ideal.

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: jharry1234

Just to let you know that normally this type of question would be best answered in the Civil 3D NG.  The Stormwater NG is normally for the software operation of the two stormwater programs forf the Civil 3D product.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/bd-p/66

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report