Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder Sizing Structures

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thomasyou001
397 Views, 2 Replies

Part Builder Sizing Structures

I may have missed the post discussing this but I made a structure in one size to start with.  Now I want to add sizes to it.  everytime I add new values the structure appeares deformed.

The way the structure is created is by using 3 different planes parallel to each other and one perpendicular plane.  the shape is correct in each plane but from one to the next it seems that the reference for the different size in each plane is in a different location.  Is there any way to make the reference in each plane be in one axis so that the sizes would work?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thomasyou001
in reply to: thomasyou001

I have a structure made with certain dimension.  The Size Parameter can provide with multiple sizes depending on the Data Storage I chose.  I must not understand something in that because my structure stays the same size no matter what I say the sizes are.  The Data Storage is set up for 'Table' and 'Calculation'.  All the dimensions of my structure need to change to move to the next size, so the Table option would best suit me but when you actually try the part in plan and profile view it only shows in the original dimension it was drawn.

Does ANYONE know why and how to go around that?  Do I have to copy the structure and name each one for each size.  The problem with that is that I will have a lot of structure to scroll through every time.  On top of that the part can only be placed in one orientation so I will need to creat two of each(depending on the profile direction). 

I also tried the list but I need all the dimensions to change simultaneously.  The structure changes in according to the pipe size but not at a particular ratio compared to the pipe size so there is a completly new set of dimensions for all sides per pipe dimension.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: thomasyou001

I realize it appears that you would be in the proper Discussion Group, but this group primarily is involved with either of the two stormwater / sanitary water programs.

You should find better help in the Autocad Civil 3D Discussion Group:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/bd-p/66

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report