Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SSA - Sizing Storm Pipes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
apweng
1426 Views, 7 Replies

New to SSA - Sizing Storm Pipes

Hello,

I have exported storm sewer - manholes and pipes only to SSA for pipe sizing.  I have the contributing Q values for each pipe in the run.

In Hydraflow Storm Sewers, I was able to enter the Q values and size pipes and calculate invert elevations.

Can I follow the same procedure in SSA?  I have entered the Q values for the pipes, but am stuck with the sizing side of things.  Can someone offer some introductory pointers?

Thanks!

Andrew

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jporter
in reply to: apweng

Andrew,

Did you ever get a resolution to this?  I'm looking for the same answer over here.

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 3 of 8
Hidden_Brain

If you are looking to have SSA automatically size pipes based on known Q inputs like storm sewers can do, I don't think SSA can do it, or least I am yet to find a way.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in shortly and clarify.
Message 4 of 8
tjbrace
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

I'm not looking for SSA to design the system, just analyze. I think that's what the others are after as well. I will make the necessary changes to pipe sizes and/or grade and depth. It *seems* like SSA has more power than Hydraflow, but how can we know without some kind of training/tutorials?

Message 5 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: tjbrace

I agree, some tutorials would surely be nice.  However, the 500 page manual probably has most of the answers but somewhat difficult to get it rather quickly.

You do have access to the USER GUIDE, correct?

Bill

Message 6 of 8
tjbrace
in reply to: wfberry

Yep. I have read it. It says a lot of "this does that" but does not address "workflows" or "best practices". It is not a "how to" guide, but more of a "dictionary of terms" so to speak. It assumes you already know more than most of us do. In this age of technicians who are trying to attain more knowledge and skills, we need more than that. There is nothing wrong with the User's Guide, it's just not a tutorial.
Thanks, dude!
Message 7 of 8
pbemis

There used to be some good videos on the Autodesk University website, they have removed a lot of the past lessons, this is the best one I could find;

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2012/autodesk-infrastructure-design...

I used to train people how to use SSA, the over 500 page manual does not offer anything in how to use it, I should write a book.

I'm not sure if there are any getting started books out there, you might give amazon a search.

I still don't like the report output from it, it should be mor customizable.

Message 8 of 8
walterlewinski
in reply to: pbemis

I posted the message above, sorry I was logged-in as my company owner.

Walter

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report