Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Stage Grading

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bozorgzadeh.layla
266 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple Stage Grading

Hi all, 

I want to grade a surface to create a pond. My first cut/fill slope is 5:1 and I grade to a known elevation of 83' (My normal water table) and this grades perfectly fine. (I use a feature line which take the existing elevations from my existing surface and grade from the point on that feature line to the elevation of 83')

Now from this 83' line that is created previously I need to grade again with a slope of 3:1  to the elevation of 80'. However, the 83' line is not a FEATURE LINE. SO I cannot simply click on it and grade as before. 

Any ideas how I can do multiple slope grading? 

I wanted to create lines and arcs on the 83' line and then convert them to feature line (and get the elevation from the pond grading surface) but it didn't work because there is an issue with coinciding the lines and arcs and they do not align perfectly, so I cannot join them and create a feature line! 😞 

Any help would greatly be apprecaited. 

p.s. in the picture below, the dark green line on top and right side of the grade is my 83' line and the light green is the feature line i created the grade from.

Please dont care for the elevation points. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The line at the bottom of the grading object should be a feature line. Just running the create grading command should allow you to select the line and grade from it again.

Could you provide the dwg file?

Adam Reilly

Dell Precision 55400
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Xeon E-2276M 2.80GHz, 64bit
NVidia Quadro T2000 Mobile/Max-Q

LinkedIn | Twitter

Group Leader badge

Austin CADD User Group

LinkedIn | Discord

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report