Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-stage Riser

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kdave
1326 Views, 7 Replies

Multi-stage Riser

First of all, I want to say that this discussion group has been very helpful. Thanks to Matt who responds quickly and solves the problem which may take hours or days for someone like me who is new to the program. Thanks..!!

I am trying to model a multi-stage riser structure for a detention pond. I need to input 2 orifices and 1 weir which all drain to a barrel (primary outlet pipe of the pond). So I put in a barrel pipe as a culvert and connected it from the pond to an outfall. Now when I try to put orifices, I can not connect them to the culvert (barrel pipe). And if I try to connect the orifices directly to the outfall (thinking that the software will know that it is going through the barrel pipe), the program gives me an error saying that more than one inlets to an outfall is not acceptable. Any solutions as to how I can model this in SSA?

Thanks,

KD

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: kdave

KD -

You will need to have your 2 orfices, and 1 wier connected to a Junction.  That junction then connects your outfall barrel to the outlet. 

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 8
kdave
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Thanks.

One more question. I want to put in a Broad Crest Weir but I don't see that option in weir type. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

When you click on the down arrow next to Weir Type, Broad Crested is the very most top one.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
kdave
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

I don't see it for some reason. When I click on the down arrow on weir type, here is what I get,

ssa2.jpg

Message 6 of 8
kdave

Sorry the screen shot image didn't show up as good as I thought it would. I have attached the file with this message.

Message 7 of 8
Matt_Haokip

Hi kdave,

Although SSA does not list Broad Crested Weir in the dropdown list for the weir Types, you can account for Broad Crested Weir by defining the Physical Properties and Discharge Coefficient. The range for the Discharge Coeff. can be obtained by clicking on the ellipsis button next to Discharge Coeff.

Please see the attached image for reference.

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 8 of 8
kdave
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Thanks a lot! That answers my question!

Thanks,

KD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report