Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling storage nodes, pumps, and weirs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tbacon1
2338 Views, 1 Reply

Modeling storage nodes, pumps, and weirs

I am trying to model stormwater retention basin for a site that is very flat (in south louisiana) and has very limited property available for a retention basin.  So my thought is to use the ditches as the retention basin and have a weir at the end.  I also plan to use a pump to empty the ditches with water below the weir outlet elevation and to help keep the ditches from overflowing.  But I am having trouble figuring how to model a weir and a pump?  Any suggestions?  Right now I have my subbasins connected to junctions and the links (ditches) going from junction node to junction node.  At the end of the ditch is where I have one storage node with a weir linked to the outfall.  However, it tells me my storage node is flooding.  Should I make all of my 'junctions' be 'storage nodes' instead?  How do I add a pump to help prevent ditch overflow and to empty the ditches with water below the weir outlet elevation?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: tbacon1

let me make sure I understand it correctly:
ditch has a weir across it to hold the water back (like a check dam), and there is a pump to pump the water behind the check dam in the ditch (water held in the ditch between the ditch invert and the check dam crest).

if I were you, I would model the ditch as a storage area, use the stage storage of the ditch from its invert to the weir crest, then add:
1. a weir connecting the ditch storage node to a junction, and
2. a pump connecting the ditch storage node to the same junction.

the subbasins should connect to the ditch storage node as flow input.

not in front of SSA so cannot test, but if you have trouble connecting a pump to a storage node, then connect the ditch storage node to a dummy junction, then from this dummy junction connect to the downstream junction using the weir and the pump.

hope that helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report