Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro Drainage export problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
steve50
894 Views, 5 Replies

Micro Drainage export problem

Hi,

I am currently having problems exporting my drainage network from Civil 3D in to micro drainage. I am able to export pipe branches which have mutliple pipes, but when I try to export a pipe branch made up of a single pipe, I am getting a message stateing that the pipe cannot be exported.

I have attached a plan view of my network. In this example, branches 2 and 5 are branches which comprise of a single pipe (numbered 2.000 and 5.000). When I use the WinDES Export tool and select this network, it is showing that these two pipes cannot be exported (see attached for screenshot).

I have been experiencing this problem with different networks I have tried to export.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccoles
in reply to: steve50

Are these in a single pipe network, or is each branch in a separate pipe network? This is important, because, in Civil 3D, if pipes 2 and 5 are in a different network than the structures they tie to, then they cannot be connected to those structures, and are seen as detached pipes, even tho the display makes them appear connected.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 6
steve50
in reply to: ccoles

Hi Ccoles,

They are all in the same network. Im currently getting around it by adding an extra pipe and manhole to the single pipe branches, exporting it, then removing the additional pipe within microdrainage. This is working fine, but it would be easier if I did not have to do this as removing pipes within micro drainage can lead to errors in the modelling.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
ccoles

Another question, is this a thrid party export tool? I canot find the WinDES export tool as part of my standard package in Civil 3D 2011.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 6
SusanWoodhouse

Hi,

Here at Micro Drainage we are happy to have software link to WinDes and we publish our WinDes file structure.  Within the WinDes manual this can be found in Appendix i) Open System Links.  Alternatively from the WinDes Help navigate to File Structure from the contents menu. We also provide a sample code to write to this format within the WinDes Help. I hope these details and examples will help to resolve the export issues.

Message 6 of 6
steve50
in reply to: ccoles

It is part of the UK and Ireland country kit produced by Autodesk.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report