Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max HGL

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
trippiv
239 Views, 1 Reply

Max HGL

When I perform an analysis and plot a profile of the run, the Max HGL is at the bottom of the pipe, showing the initial condition. The only way to get it to adjust is to run an output animation. Is there any way to have it show the max HGL in the pipe from running the analysis only?

I'm running this as a rational storm with an intensity direct entry b/c I want to ignore Tc changes as water travels thru the system to get a "maxed" out flow equal to all my individual drainage areas CIA added together. I know some programs in the past will adjust the end Q based on the travel time in the system.

Am I harming the ability to see one by doing the other? And is there a better way? My main concerns are capacity and HGL checks.

Thanks

Robert T

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
trippiv
in reply to: trippiv

Here's the second problem with this. I imported a system from older software and for the most part it came in perfect. Instead of transferring over the basin areas, it transferred over the flows in the pipes as an initial flow. The initial flow is the total flow in the pipe to that point in the run and the analysis does not appear to be summing up the flows at each junction.

The analysis is running and providing info for capcaity and a Max HGL, but I can't get a representation of it on the profile, I'm guessing, b/c the flows are instant and not run over a time period. Also, the max depth is almost 0 while the max flow is around 4.33cfs in a 15" RCP.

Robert T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report