Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inlet Bypass

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hopdevil
729 Views, 5 Replies

Inlet Bypass

As a newbie to SSA I am having some problems with my model to work.  Specifically with the bypass link.  I am getting the error 600 mesage for several outlets (12, 14, 21, 22, & 28).  I have tried the irregular channel but its not working.   I have attached the .zip file for the model.  Hopefully there is a kind soul out there that can point me in the right direction...

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: hopdevil

I know enough about this program to start it.  So here goes, according the manual (Error Messages start on Page 95 in the 2015 Manual) ON GRADE Inlets need two outlets.

For what it is worth, I changed your listed outlets to SAG and they ran just fine.  This is not to say that you must run them as SAG.  You must add a stormwater pipe as well as the ByPass link.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
hopdevil
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

Thanks...  I ran the bypass links "directly" to the downstream inlet.  Still no luck.  I can run it as a sag but tthats kind of cheating isn't it.  🙂

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

Yes, but you still need the regular pipe as well.  If you don't need a pipe, then it is not a bypass.

I hope I read what you did correctly.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
angieA2Y25

I am having trouble with bypass links as well. I have pipes running between the inlets with the correct inverts, as well as links connecting the inlets (these are supposed to serve as bypass links) with the inverts set as the inlet rim elevations. I also made sure each inlet has the bypass assigned in it's properties. I'm still receiving this error: "ERROR 600 : On grade Inlet CB1 does not have two outlet links. At least one stormwater sewer pipe and a bypass gutter link must be defined."

Message 6 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: angieA2Y25

You probably have two choices here.  Either post your .spf file or change your CB1 to a sag catch basin.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report