Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import HGL and EGL

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Hidden_Brain
353 Views, 2 Replies

import HGL and EGL

after running the analysis in Storm sewers or SSA, is there any way to bring back only the HGL and EGL lines? i tried to export a xml from storm sewers, then hack into it, but not sure how to go about it. it would be kinda nice to have the ability to only bring back the HGL and EGL, if i do not want to set up the migration defaults.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Not really.  The import functionality has been improved in 2012 with two settings that provide you a little better control.   

For example, Allow Part Family Swapping can be turned off.  When you import a system with swapping turned off, the original Civil 3D part will remain in the family and it will be matched soley within the family that currently exists in the drawing.

This way if you have a mixed material pipe system, your 12" PVC pipes when imported as 18 inch pipes, remain within the PVC family rather than be matched with the 18" concrete pipe.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 3

that will be handy, i should say. another reason to look forward to 2012 Smiley Happy

another way i have been following is using the dxf export from storm sewers, but i guess it is not as smooth as the parts migration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report