Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get SSA to let me set my own Boundary Condition elevation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tcorey
564 Views, 2 Replies

How to get SSA to let me set my own Boundary Condition elevation

The proposed storm drain system connects into an existing system in my project design.  I am modeling the proposed, and using an outfall at the connection to the existing system (I would prefer not to model the existing system as it is large and cumbersome).  I would like my boundary condition to reflect a predetermined elevation, but I am having trouble adjusting the starting water surface elevation.  I have tried using a fixed elevation or a time series function, but the boundary condition won’t adjust above the unimpeded normal depth.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: tcorey

i am pretty sure i have experienced similar problem (sorry, not in front of computer, but will look up a recently done model and re-confirm tomorrow with some relevant screenshots). can anyone shed some light into this, as to why SSA is not honoring a specified tailwater boundary condition? SSA version 2011.

Message 3 of 3
DBRay
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Hi,

Have you tried setting the Link Routing Method in the Project Options dialog to Hydrodynamic? I think setting the routing method to “Hydrodynamic” will honor the boundary condition of defined WSEL.

Thank you,

Debajit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report