AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

Contributor
kdave
Message 1 of 5 (347 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to combine Hydrographs in SSA

347 Views, 4 Replies
04-10-2012 02:24 PM

I have created a SSA model for a site that has multiple outfall locations. From SSA, I can figure out the peak discharge at each outfall. However I want to know how I can combine all the hydrographs to see the total peak flow leaving the site rather than adding the peak flows mathematically. Can someone let me know how I can do that?

Thanks

Hi,

I am replying this for the sake of the community who might have the same question.

After performing the analysis, click the Time Series Plot icon. From the Time Series Plot tree, expand the System folder and you can plot/analyze the different variables for the whole system as shown in the screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/EMMehNRh 

Thanks,

Product Support
Matt_Haokip
Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

Re: How to combine Hydrographs in SSA

04-16-2012 03:03 PM in reply to: kdave

Hi,

I am replying this for the sake of the community who might have the same question.

After performing the analysis, click the Time Series Plot icon. From the Time Series Plot tree, expand the System folder and you can plot/analyze the different variables for the whole system as shown in the screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/EMMehNRh 

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
WaltBPE
Message 3 of 5 (248 Views)

06-27-2012 06:10 AM in reply to: Matt_Haokip

No it does not answer the question.  You can plot and analyze, but not add the hydrographs.

WaltBPE
Employee
Matt.Anderson
Message 4 of 5 (239 Views)

06-28-2012 05:54 AM in reply to: WaltBPE

Walt -

You add hydrographs by connecting links to a node.  The runoff from the two subbasins are added at the second junction.Add.png

Matthew Anderson, PE
Product Manager
WaltBPE
Message 5 of 5 (233 Views)

06-28-2012 02:10 PM in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Yes, I am doing it that way.  It's a little cumbersome and makes your model look like it has connections that do no exist.  I am using "Direct" links to merge them.  I assume that is the right way to do it?

However, I have to put some information in the background of the link, like a short large pipe with some positive slope or it causes mistakes in the calculation even when set to direct.

In addition, I am not able to connect from 2 direct links into a junction and then out to an outfall as you show without the program generating an error that says the last junction has more than one DIRECT outlet link or DESIGN pump.

WaltBPE
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.