Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Tool? Feature Lines? How Best to Add Pond Berms?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
daryl.riggins
711 Views, 4 Replies

Grading Tool? Feature Lines? How Best to Add Pond Berms?

I'm doing my first(!) pond using grading tools. Historically, our office has drawn 2D polylines and done manual take-offs for calculations. I have no problem making the pond shape and dayligthing. However, I'm stumped when it comes to adding details such as berms to create a forebay. Now that I have a basic pond size and shape that I like, what's the best method for adding these berms?

1.png

---
Daryl Riggins, PE
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: daryl.riggins

Daryl: Just a note to let you know that your question would be best served if you used this NG:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/bd-p/66

The Stormwater newsgroup is generally for questions relating to the software programs Hydraflow and/or SSA (Storm and Sanitary Analysis).

Bill

Message 3 of 5
daryl.riggins
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

You're absolutely right. I had thought I was posting to the general newsgroup. Will re-post over there. Thanks.
---
Daryl Riggins, PE
Message 4 of 5
AdammReilly
in reply to: daryl.riggins

What I would do:

The pond and it's feature lines are on a site already, so create a new site and create the top of your forebay berm on that new site.

Create a new grading group on the new site and target it to your original pond. Then you can grade to it.

When you're done, create a new surface and paste the two ponds into it to get your final pond.

Adam Reilly

Dell Precision 55400
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Xeon E-2276M 2.80GHz, 64bit
NVidia Quadro T2000 Mobile/Max-Q

LinkedIn | Twitter

Group Leader badge

Austin CADD User Group

LinkedIn | Discord

Message 5 of 5
daryl.riggins
in reply to: AdammReilly

Adam,

This technique worked great. Thank you.
---
Daryl Riggins, PE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report