Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formain modeling issues in SSA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Sjsuggs
328 Views, 2 Replies

Formain modeling issues in SSA

Hi,

I am new to SSA this is my first attempt and i'm trying to model a 4" FM with 2 lift stations. The Purpose of this model is to see if the pumps are sufficient or if one needs to be up-sized.

The model runs and gives me velocities and data but i am concerned when you plot the profile and watch the animation. The animation shows the pressurized junctions as having a MAX HGL over 200 ft. I saw somewhere that these junctions needed to have a very high surcharge as to not limit the HGL but in that video when they ran their model the water did not appear as if it was going 200ft in the air. If i set the surcharge lower (say 4') then the junction water animation will not exceed 4'.

Maybe its right maybe its not, i just don't know the software well enough to determine that.

Please see the attached file (CAD Image has been removed but lengths are correct)

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sjsuggs
in reply to: Sjsuggs

Also i was wondering about my flow results. The pump curve i put in for the pump which is on the branch was for a pump which can only output 150 gpm. The max flow through the pipe right after this pump is 171 gpm if you turn the other pipe in the system off with no flow. I don't see how this is possible.

Any help is greatly appcericated thanks.

Message 3 of 3
caleb
in reply to: Sjsuggs

Thank you for posting this.  I have the same problem with the model I created.  Did anyone respond to your post?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report