Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Monitoring Data in SSA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jonathan.jones
302 Views, 2 Replies

Flow Monitoring Data in SSA

I'm new to using Storm and Sanitary Analysis so I apologize if I've missed some basic commands. I'm trying to use flow monitoring data as my base for modeling within SSA, but I can't figure out where to input the data. My overall goal is to use SSA for its modeling capability of the hydraulic and energy grade lines. Are there any resources you are aware of that could be of use?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: jonathan.jones

If you haven't seen these videos, I would  recommend them.  Chris Maeder originally developed this software under the Boss International corporate name.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6770A265E8AC181B

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP1

Message 3 of 3
jonathan.jones
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks I have seen those videos. It's clear how to generate the EGL and HGL now, however I'm still struggling with inputting the flow monitoring data.

The only place that appears to be applicable for flow inputs I've found is within the Time Series menu, however I don't feel like this is the proper place for data input. I would expect it to be somewhere within the External Inflows menu.

It seems like the program is designed around approximating flow based on demand, however we're replacing old pipes and have the flow data. Can anyone elaborate on how to design from that standpoint?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report