Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow control / storage of run-off 12 hours

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Civil3DGroupies
431 Views, 1 Reply

Flow control / storage of run-off 12 hours

I have a storage node in SSA, which I'm using as a pond.  During the rain event the water overflows into this pond.  Once the water is in the pond I would like to retain the water for approximately 12 hours and then after 12 hours it slowly discharges to another channel.  How can this be done in SSA?  I have tried using weirs, orfices, flow splits, etc, but I just don't see a time dependant function in the storage node or options.  In EPA SWMM there is an editor which allows for flow control measures to be inputted.  I don't see anything like that in SSA?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Are you planning to put a mechanical gate on an orifice controlled by a timer?  ...or do you just need to show that the detention time is greater than 12 hours?  Your description appears to be the former, so...

You can create a Control Rule (under Other on the Plan View tree) that opens an Orifice at a given system time (I think you'd have to tell the rule the actual time to open, which you could get from the Time Series Plot for the pond inflow - unless someone knows a more creative If/then solution to start when the pond starts to fill).  Chapter 10 of the 2015 User Guide describes the format for Control Rules.

Something like this should work:

RULE R01
IF SIMULATION TIME >= 22:00:00
THEN ORIFICE 1 SETTING = 1.0
ELSE ORIFICE 1 SETTING = 0.0

I hope that's along the lines of what you were looking for.

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report