AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

Contributor
19 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 3

Extra information for connecting pipes

142 Views, 2 Replies
10-06-2011 06:20 AM

I don't know how many of you have to use EXFILTRATION TRENCH on your Storm Networks, but here in Florida we use them a lot.  Which brings me to this question:  Is there a way to add more information to the pipes to be used in the structure labels?

Specifically I need to be able to automatically add a note "W/ PRB" at the end of each connecting pipe - that has Exfiltration Trench around it - on the Structure Label.

So it would look something like this:

STORM MANHOLE #2

RIM EL.: 7.68'

INV. EL.: 2.00' (N) W/ PRB   <--- Not all pipes have to have PRB, so its is something I should be able to edit/change

INV. EL.: 3.12' (E)

B.O.S.: -1.50'

I've thought about using the Description field for this purpose, however we need the description field for a more widely used piece of information.

I tried adding another field to the pipe in the Part Builder, but I could not find anything that will let me add a Text field to the part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: I'm running Civil 3D 2012 on a Windos 7, Quad Core, 64-bit machine.

Valued Mentor
329 Posts
39 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Extra information for connecting pipes

10-06-2011 07:36 AM in reply to: AAristi

You could use one of the optional properties for the pipes for this, or you could create a new optional property.

Here's a link to a nice write-up on optional properties. Note that it requires .xml editing and using Parts Builder.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Contributor
19 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: Extra information for connecting pipes

10-06-2011 09:09 AM in reply to: ccoles

Thank you ccoles for your input, it was Awesome! unfortunately it is still missing an important part.

I was able to create a custom field for the pipes, which got me very excited because I thought that would be it... but what I need now is to be able to use that field under the "Properties" withing the Structure Lable Style's Text Component Editor

ScreenCapture-2011-10-06_120703.jpg 

Do you know if there is another location where I can edit/add this information to be able to use it for the Structure Labels?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post