Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to HECRAS tool in Civil 3D 2010

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
8325 Views, 21 Replies

Export to HECRAS tool in Civil 3D 2010

I have found that the Export to HECRAS tool within 2010 Civil3D creates an incorrect geometry file. The river/reach line is drawn in the reverse direction, the left and right downstream distances are reversed, and the cross-section stations are reversed.

I created a VBA macro within Excel that corrects the river/reach line and downstream distances in the HECRAS geometry file (*.geo). A new, corrected file is created with "_rv" added to the file name (*_rv.geo).

Additional notes to creating geo files: 
1) You must still reverse all cross-section stations within HECRAS.

2) In Civil3D, you must setup the alignment starting downstream to upstream. Setup left and right banks looking upstream.

3)To force floodplain lengths to be calculated correctly, place banks in the middle of floodplain.

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet that contains the VBA macro.

Scott Stoneman

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks for replying Scott, i originally meant to say the upstream and downstream x-sec for the culvert (please see attached screenshot). you know how when you are entering culvert data, for your deck fill, you have your stations from the bounding cross sections, but the corresponding elevations from the road crown? the problem is that even if my cross section line and the deck section line are the same length, i cannot simply copy paste the elevations, because the deck may be at a skew to the anticipated flowpath. i am thinking of a way (by using feature lines, projecting objects etc) to somehow have the elevations "sucked out" of the road crown.

Message 22 of 22
IztokPisek6457
in reply to: Anonymous

I would like to thank you for your macro. It helps me a lot. But I have a different problem . I have Civil 3d 2010, im using export to HECras, but have problem with stationary. I have first crosssection starts with 0 and the last is the second, betwin is evrything ok? Whats seems to be a problem, Ive tried with different project but its the same. Anyone have that problem ? Sorry for my bad english. THx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report