Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 600 - Inlet does not have two outlets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rdbrennan48
3323 Views, 6 Replies

ERROR 600 - Inlet does not have two outlets

I have a model that is giving me an error saying that I do not have two outlet from 4 different intakes. The four intake are modled as on-grading intake and do have both a bypass link and pipe line attached. If anyone can offer some advise or a solution it would be appriciated.  Attached is the model that I have been working with. The intake causeing the proplems are:

EX.I-01

EX.I-02

EX.I-05

EX.I-06

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rdbrennan48
in reply to: rdbrennan48

Talked with Autodesk and they figured this out. You have to have two positive sloped outlet pipes for on-grade intake to calculate properly. They had me change they back sloping pipes and set them to very flat and that solved the problem.

Message 3 of 7
Kevin.Spear

I know this thread is old. But i was wondering if the original poster could identify his link routing method?

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 4 of 7
slopez
in reply to: Kevin.Spear

Hey All,

Another simple solution to this problem is to turn the inlets from "grade inlets" to on "sag curves". This means you don't need an overflow but the inlet will pond.

Best,

S

Message 5 of 7

I have the same error code and haven't found the solutions provided to exactly match up with what I'm looking at.  I have an inlet that needs to be modeled as on grade with two outlet pipes and one inlet. I have a bypass link that runs the length of the road into this inlet and another that goes down to the next inlet (both modeled as direct links).  Any advice to resolve error 600?

Message 6 of 7
nhoffmanB64MU
in reply to: slopez

Why would we change our model to not model actual conditions in the field to get a model to work?  So the model to me would work but not properly model the conditions.

Message 7 of 7
badamsMV6BS

We went through at the inlets with errors, and confirmed that the upstream outlets and downstream inlet of both the pipes and the surface links weren't back-pitched.  We found there was at least one error in these elevations that was not giving the inlets two valid outlet links.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report