Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 541 & 543

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smwagner
912 Views, 5 Replies

Error 541 & 543

I am new to using SSA and things were going alright until I tried to run my analysis with multiple storms.  I am getting two errors, they read as shown below:

ERROR 541 : Unable to perform multiple storm analysis, specified output file directory does not exist.

ERROR 543 : Unable to perform multiple storm analysis, unique output file names must be specified for each defined return period simulation.

Can someone help me out?  I have not found a way to create new output files.

I am using SSA 2014, version 8.1.46.1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: smwagner

Did you read the definition of the Errors in the Help Manual?

Error 541 says the directory has to be created prior to the file saved.  SSA will not create a directory

Error 543 says OUTPUT File names must be unique for each return period.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
smwagner
in reply to: wfberry

Yes, but I do not know how to create a directory or name an output file.  I can't find the correct commands to fix the errors.

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

Creating a Directory is using Microsoft File Explorer. If you are not familiar with using the operating system of Microsoft products you may need to get some local help. Bill
Message 5 of 6
Hidden_Brain

when in the analysis window, there is a section towards the bottom to set up paths where analysis results for all the storms will be saved. this is where you can set the paths. see image below:

storm.png

Message 6 of 6
mkelter
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

That solution does not work.  Paths are listed but error still exists when trying to execute analysis.  Reinstalling program does not work either, btw.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report