Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 134 - Direct outlet link

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmcintosh10
1294 Views, 2 Replies

Error 134 - Direct outlet link

I have an SSA model that has multiple on-grade inlets along a city street.  Each on-grade inlet has a roadway/gutter bypass link defined (the link is defined as 'direct' in the conveyance link properties) and where applicable an upstream roadway link.  Therefore most inlets have a direct link coming in and a direct link leaving to represent the gutter bypass flows.  The model will successfully run under kinematic wave routing method.  When changed to hydrodynamic, I get Error 134 stating:

ERROR 134 : Node CB-13 has more than one DIRECT outlet link or DESIGN pump.   

I know that it is fairly self explanatory error except the error does not appear for every inlet that I have defined direct links for.  Some inlets that have one incoming direct link and one outgoing direct link are not listed in the error listing, while some do.  In review of the model, I do not appear to have multiple direct outlet links (I also don't recall drawing more than one per structure in my model).  Based on my review of SSA documents, it seemed like modeling bypass flows using direct links as opposed to open channel flow was the most common practice.  That said, if I change the outgoing direct link to open channel, that inlet is removed from the error list.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  

Thanks,
Toby

Version:
2014 Civil 3D
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: tmcintosh10

Hopefully you will get better answers than what I am going to say.  If you want to know how your pipe system is handling the flow, change all of you inlets to "Sag" and not worry about the by-pass.  Just a temporary method.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
tmcintosh10
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

I guess that would be an option, but I am not sure if that would be a benefit over modeling using the Kinematic routing, which is how I would need to run the model to get the inlet analysis completed. 

To add to my original post, using the logic that there is more than one direct link as the error code states, I deleted the outlet direct link.  You then get error 601 stating that you have an invalid bypass link for the inlet.  This tells me that in fact you do not have more than one outlet direct link. 

One complaint I would have with the help file is that the error code descriptions state what the error is, but does not provide some insight as to how to solve the problem....for what it is worth.

Toby 

Version:
2014 Civil 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report