Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit in Storm and Sanitary Analysis works intermittently

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tcorey
1159 Views, 10 Replies

Edit in Storm and Sanitary Analysis works intermittently

If I have a pipe network in a drawing and pick Edit in Storm and Sanitary Analysis (2015) SSA opens and asks if it's a new project or existing. Pick new and sometimes the drawing comes in but most of the time it does not.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what is causing this function to work so sporadically.

Any ideas will be appreciated greatly. Thanks to all,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: tcorey

Tim:

I tried it on a small job I did last year.  At first I did not think it had come in, but there was a tiny spot on the page that I had to zoom in on.  Finally it showed.

Keep in mind that I rarely use SSA.  It came into SSA as a rational storm network but it was a sanitary network with two short trunk lines.  The interesting thing was that the manhole on the upper end of Sewer A was connected to the upper end of Sewer B with a link.

Bill

Message 3 of 11
annw2

I just tried this in 2014 - 3 times with the same CAD file.

The window popped up to select which networks.  I selected the ones I wanted and tried both new and existing.  All I got was no items exported and Access voilation at address 0176704B in module Storm Sanitary.exe Read of address 00000000

I guess nobody ever uses this software.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 11
annw2

I gave up on Storm & Sanitary and opened in Storm Sewers.  MOST of the catchment area, Coefficient, and TC info came through.  It was better than the complete lock up with SSA 2014.

I have no idea why some of the catchments did not link to the structures.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 5 of 11
Hidden_Brain

Not an answer to your question, I have always avoided "edit in SSA" due to the sporadic nature of this functionality that you describe.

Export to storm sewers>STM file>import STM into SSA has been my preferred approach.
Message 6 of 11

The EditinSSA function from Civil 3D requires the 32-bit Civil 3D object enabler to be installed on Civil 3D during the Civil 3D installation.

The goal was to bring the networks selected, and load the Civil 3D drawing as the background object.   

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 7 of 11
annw2
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

If I'm going to do that, I will go directly to the Storm Sewer program
unless you say your way gets ALL the catchments.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 8 of 11
MattAndersonPE
in reply to: annw2

Anne -

Catchment attachment to structures in CIvil 3D isn't related to the object enabler.  The Catchment is attached to a structure and is transferred to STM. 

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 9 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Confirmed Defect:

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 10 of 11
abaoude
in reply to: MattAndersonPE

Matt,

I am having the same issue, the Edit in SSA function does not work.  Also, I am unable to bring in my Civil 3D model into SSA.  Is there any way to install the 32-bit Civil 3D object enabler after Civil 3D 2016 has already been installed?  

What is the solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Message 11 of 11
annw2
in reply to: abaoude

It doesn't work in 2016.  You would have to try an earlier version or

open in Storm Sewer; which has some issues, but mostly gives the correct answer.  Do a quick inlet head water analysis check and what the system time.

You can sort of import Storm Sewer files in SSA.  The gutter bypass doesn't come through, but the pipes and catchments seem to.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report