Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit in Storm and Sanitary Analysis-Drawing Underlay is missing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
c3dfan
1823 Views, 10 Replies

Edit in Storm and Sanitary Analysis-Drawing Underlay is missing

In Civil3d 2012 when the Edit in Storm and Sanitary Analysis command is used to send a Civil3d pipe network and Catchment areas to SSA the program appears to open as expected with the "Create New Project" dialogue box displayed.

When the Create New Project prompt is accepted nothing is displayed in the SSA plan view.

But.... If I go to the SSA File pulldown menu the .spf project file is available and when it is selected a dialogue box is displayed indicating that the Background file(the dwg) file cannot be found and do we want to search for it "Yes/No".

If No is selected the pipe network is displayed as expected.

If Yes is selected and the dwg file located and selected then the pipe network is displayed as expected but the background file looks like proxy objects.

Is this some kind of Path issue?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Civil3d2012

Win7 64bit

NVidia Quadro2000M

Dave Hill
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
WalterL
in reply to: c3dfan

Make sure you go to the Autodesk website and load the "Hotfix"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240698

Message 3 of 11
Matt.Anderson

How did you install SSA 2012?

If Civil 3D drawing objects are not being shown, you are missing the Civil 3D object enabler which will be installed if you install from the Civil 3D installation. 

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 11
c3dfan

Thanks guys,

The hotfix is installed as is the Object Enabler.

Another symptom is after saying OK to the "Create New Project" dialoge box there is no option to open the log file which should be part of the process.

It appears that a new project isn't really being created.

A Repair doesn't resolve it so perhaps a full uninstall and reinstall is in order.

Dave Hill
Message 5 of 11
MMorrison

Same issue here.  Uninstall and reinstall didn't help.

Message 6 of 11
MMorrison
in reply to: MMorrison

I might also add, that I have all hotfixes and both the 32 and 64 bit object enablers installed.

Message 7 of 11
MMorrison

It appears that this is an install issue with the Infrastructure Design Suite.  On two different machines (one laptop, one desktop) the program did not bring up the underlay, show the log file etc.  Clean install etc of the suite did nothing to fix the issue.  Do a clean install of plain Civil 3D and it works.  I'm going to file  a support ticket in the next little bit, but this needs fixed.

Machine Specs

Dell Precision M6400

Windoows 7 64 bit

8GB RAM

NVidia 3700M

Every AEC app known to man loaded.

blah, blah, blah

Martin

Message 8 of 11
c3dfan

Many thanks for following up on this issue, installing without the Infrastructure Suite cured it.

I'm opening a ticket as well, hopefully it will be adressed.

Thanks again.

Dave Hill
Message 9 of 11
michaela.g

Does anyone have a resolution for this issue? I'm trying to export my drawing and network to SSA and nothing is showing up, despite having the hotfix and OE installed.

Michaela

Message 10 of 11
WalterL

This will also happen to 2012 C3D and SSA if you have ever installed the 2013 versions, I think some dll's get replaced.
Message 11 of 11
rfralota

Hi there, got the same problem, whenever I use SSA to analyze my pipe networks in C3D, it doesnt show up in SSA. I need a solutio to this one asap. thanks

Using my laptop DELL and installing C3D with infrastructure suite.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report