Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize box culverts for ductanks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HPGarcia70
2116 Views, 5 Replies

Customize box culverts for ductanks

Hello,

I working on a project that we are using box culverts for ductbanks. The issue is I need to add different sizes that are listed. I need to add 6 size and I also need to set the wall thickness to 5 inchs and have that show up instead of the inside wall thinkness. As you can tell I am new to civil 3d.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HP Garcia

C3D 2014
Ver:108.0.4, SP2
i7 3.40 GHz
32 G Ram
NVidia Quadro 200
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: HPGarcia70

you can add the sizes and wall thickness in parts builder:
http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-0A23D3BC-4902-4F01-8536-70E1FC7...

then commandline>partcatalogregen>pipes

then add the new sizes to your parts list
Message 3 of 6
HPGarcia70
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Thank you
C3D 2014
i7 3.40 GHz
32 G Ram
NVidia Quadro 200
Message 4 of 6
HPGarcia70

I'm not familiar with part builder but what I did do was I created a new chapter called Elect Ductbanks and used the conc box culvert as my template.

I think modified the pipe height,width and wall thickness. Next I updated the table for all the sizes I needed and saved the dwg. I ran partcatalogregen. Then I went into my partlist and added the elect ductbank to my part list.

The first thing I noticed that I didn't have the + symbol next to my ductbanks. I also tried to place a new ductbank run but it never came up on my pulldown as a selection.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks in advanced

HP Garcia

C3D 2014
i7 3.40 GHz
32 G Ram
NVidia Quadro 200
Message 5 of 6
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: HPGarcia70

if i were you, i would not have added a new chapter (copy of the rect. culvert). i think (not 100% sure, not in front of C3D at the moment) that if you go that route, you will have to edit the parts builder xml files to add the new part as narrated in the post below:

http://civil2inventor.wordpress.com/2008/11/23/civil-3d-part-builder-part-1/

just a FYI, the post in the link above i the best step by step parts builder that i have come across so far, it is a 7 part series that walks you through the nuts and bolts of creating new parts. I hope it will be of help to you.

how about you edit the out-of-the-box rect. culvert through parts builder, add the sizes and wall thicknesses as necessary, and then add that to your drawing part list with the material type as "DUCTBANK" (after you add the part and then go to add sizes, there is a MATERIAL optional field that you can fill in). see if that helps.

good luck!
Message 6 of 6
HPGarcia70

Editing the box culvert didn't work Smiley Sad

I noticed the link for part 2 for the part builder is gone. What I end up doing is starting from scratch and created a ductbank. I was able to draw a rectangle. I then was able to set the size of of it with the model parameters. Then reading the autodesk tutorial I was able to create the sizes I need with the size parameters. Where I am stuck at is setting the reference point and getting part builder to generate a bitmap.

I looked all over on the civil3d forums for any other help but they all are for structures not as much for pipes.

Thanks again

HP Garcia

C3D 2014
i7 3.40 GHz
32 G Ram
NVidia Quadro 200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report