Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Flow for Junction Box

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
m_jazayeri2005
263 Views, 2 Replies

Constant Flow for Junction Box

Hi

I do not see the constant flow of rainfall in a time series plot of a junction box When rainfall Duration is so long(for example 24hr) , it goes up to maximum value and then down I think it shall goes up to constant value and when the rainfall duration is finished it goes down to 0,I cant underestand it please help me if you can

I use Autodesk Storm and Sanirary Analysis 2012.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you could provide a little more information on what you are attempting to ask.

A junction report will show the flow provided to it either from runoff from a subbasin (Hydrology engine) or via external flow values (time series values)

For a constant intensity of rainfall, you can have Rational Model with a singular constant intensity.  The junction will peak at the subbasin's time of concentration, and then fall to zero.

For TR-20/55, HEC-1 or EPA SWMM, you can use the Rainfall Designer to assign a constant intensity storm to the duration you select.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 3

Hi

Thanks for your reply Matt.Anderson I have Rational method with constant rainfall (50mm/hr) and site is about 18 ha but maximum flow at last junction box is about 0.85 m3/sec.This is first time that i use this software for modeling site and i dont know that my answers are  true or not? 

Can you tell me 18 ha and 0.85 m3/sec is true or not? you can find my model in attachment.

I searched many times to find someone in my city to help me but i couldnt find anyone.

Tanks Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much Matt.Anderson.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report