Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Upstream Subbasin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cwgeary
443 Views, 4 Replies

Connecting Upstream Subbasin

Hi All:

I need to find out when and what is the peak of a stream near our site.  There are two upstream subareas that drain into the subarea in which the site is located.  I have each of the subareas connected to a junction and each junction connected by direct links.  Is this correct way to set this up?  I attached a screen shot to better explain.  I am just unsure if I have the model set-up correctly.  I need subarea 126 to drain into 127 and then both into 128 (where my point of interest is located).  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris

Chris
BARRY ISETT & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Civil3D 2014/2016
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 4700 @ 2.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K1100M
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rdbrennan48
in reply to: cwgeary

you can connect multiple subbasins to a single junction.

Message 3 of 5
rdbrennan48
in reply to: rdbrennan48

each junction you instert is going to add a junction loss unless you set the loss to '0'

Message 4 of 5
cwgeary

Thanks for the reply.  If I connect two subbasins to one junction, won't the look at that as indivdual areas with the given concentrations arriving at that point?  I need to model the upper subbasin to have a tc of its own, then it will have a travel time through the downstreams ssubbasin until it reaches my point of interest.  I don't know if I need to create a junction where the water leaves the area and then create a link that is described as channel flow to the study point.  I am unclear how to correctly model the situation.  And of course, we need to do it with litle to no budget.

Chris
BARRY ISETT & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Civil3D 2014/2016
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 4700 @ 2.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K1100M
Message 5 of 5
rdbrennan48

That would make sence to me, to have junctions and channel flow between them. Again I would make sure to adjust the entrance and exit/bend loses to accuratly model you situation. Some of the areas of your model that were a little confusing from the picture were where junction 127  and junction 126+127 connected. I wasn't sure if there is a need to have Jun-127 or just to assign the flow from subbase 127 to where Jun 126+127 is located. 

what do you have each link representing? I would assume that Link-126, 126+127 & 126+127+128 were all swale/channel flow and Link-127 & 128 are direct links.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report