Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Upstream Subbasin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
456 Views, 4 Replies

Connecting Upstream Subbasin

Hi All:

I need to find out when and what is the peak of a stream near our site.  There are two upstream subareas that drain into the subarea in which the site is located.  I have each of the subareas connected to a junction and each junction connected by direct links.  Is this correct way to set this up?  I attached a screen shot to better explain.  I am just unsure if I have the model set-up correctly.  I need subarea 126 to drain into 127 and then both into 128 (where my point of interest is located).  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

you can connect multiple subbasins to a single junction.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

each junction you instert is going to add a junction loss unless you set the loss to '0'

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.  If I connect two subbasins to one junction, won't the look at that as indivdual areas with the given concentrations arriving at that point?  I need to model the upper subbasin to have a tc of its own, then it will have a travel time through the downstreams ssubbasin until it reaches my point of interest.  I don't know if I need to create a junction where the water leaves the area and then create a link that is described as channel flow to the study point.  I am unclear how to correctly model the situation.  And of course, we need to do it with litle to no budget.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

That would make sence to me, to have junctions and channel flow between them. Again I would make sure to adjust the entrance and exit/bend loses to accuratly model you situation. Some of the areas of your model that were a little confusing from the picture were where junction 127  and junction 126+127 connected. I wasn't sure if there is a need to have Jun-127 or just to assign the flow from subbase 127 to where Jun 126+127 is located. 

what do you have each link representing? I would assume that Link-126, 126+127 & 126+127+128 were all swale/channel flow and Link-127 & 128 are direct links.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report