Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catchment to SSA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Ehrhart4
1550 Views, 3 Replies

Catchment to SSA

I have defined a catchment using an object.  I have the catchment going to a defined pipe network structure. However, I am unable to have the SSA analysis acknowledeg the catchment as a subbasin.  Please tell me how to do it!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ehrhart4
in reply to: Ehrhart4

Nevermind! It finally worked...but I don't know why!

Message 3 of 4
j.seller

I'd like to jump on this one cause I have having the same issue.  Created the catchments in the pipenetwork drawing.  But when I go edit in SSA it only brings in all the pipes and manholes.

Figured it out from my end, it would only import catchments I didn't create flow paths for

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 4
Ehrhart4

The catchments come in only when you have referenced them to a stormwater structure that can receive runoff- ie inlets, endwalls,etc. (of course the structure should be in the catchment). Open your catchment properties.  The fourth line under Catchments is looking for a network structure.

The other thing that I edited was the pipe network settings for part matching.  You go to settings on your toolspace, right click pipe networks and click to open Storm Sewers Migration and then click to the right of standard next to next to part matching to open the menu where you can tell C3D how to export and import parts between it and the storm water programs.  The help file in autocad has a good list of what the parts should be changed to so that storm sewers and SSA can interpret the info correctly.  If for instance all of your part matching says that your inlet and headwalls are matched to a form of structure that can't receive water...manholes...then SSA sees that the catchment can't catch water because it can't get in the system!  Check this out and reset the defaults to a logical structure.

Good luck,

Carrol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report