AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

pebo7483
Message 1 of 1 (88 Views)

calc stormwater from a city but im stucked after putting dwg files together

88 Views, 0 Replies
11-16-2011 11:19 AM

Hi

i have a really hard time knowing what to do next. My goal is to create a drawing over a small city and the surrondning area so i can calculate the the total stormwater runoff. What i have is DWG-files with different parts of the final drawing. Example 1 file with roads, 1 with houses, 1 with contour map, 1 with streams  and so on. I have oppened 1 dwg file and then attached the rest of the files with xref. They seem to fit well together so the scaling seems to be fine.

No i dont no what to do next, i have read all the guides and there is so much you can do but i dont no what is necessary for me i feel lost in all the information.

Does the program now that houses is houses and streams are strems..? Or do i need to change something in the files before i attached them or can i do it now. All the attached files seems to be in the background and impossible to do something with.

In the end i want them all to work together, is it wrong to attach them? should i use the overlay button instead?

very thankfull for answers  

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.