Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D to SSA - Catchment to Basin

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
carlirwin3430
1017 Views, 4 Replies

C3D to SSA - Catchment to Basin

In the migration from C3D to SSA the Basin Icon seems to be located outside of the catchment area of a current design we are looking at.    Is there a way to automate the location of the Basin Icon so that is properly represented in the Catchment area delineated in C#D.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: carlirwin3430

Hi,

SSA by default places the subbasin icon at the centroid of the polygon, so unfortunately there is no option to change the location of the icon.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the response.   However, the ICONs are not being located within the centroid of the catchment, but are outside of it.  Most cases they are located about 2:00 O'clock.  The catchments we are creating are based on objects / drawn polylines which discharge to an inlet.

Message 4 of 5
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: carlirwin3430

Hi,

I guess, I misinterprated your question. What I meant to say was, when a subbasin/catchment area is delineated in SSA, the subbasin icon is by default located at the centroid of that polygon representing the catchment area.

The isue you are seeing is because the STM file doesn’t store catchment boundary information – and doesn’t know it’s location.  It’s only schematically relative to the structure – so it comes in at 2:00 o’clock from the structure.  So SSA doesn’t know about the boundary – it only shows it graphically by importing the C3D file.

You may want to drag the Subbasin icons toward the center of each catchment that comes into SSA as a background drawing from Civil 3D. Once you are all set, you can lock the coordinates of the elements within SSA using the Lock icon in the Tool bar.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 5 of 5
carlirwin3430
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Thanks Matt!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report