AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

carlirwin3430
Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)
Accepted Solution

C3D to SSA - Catchment to Basin

507 Views, 4 Replies
04-12-2012 07:47 AM

In the migration from C3D to SSA the Basin Icon seems to be located outside of the catchment area of a current design we are looking at.    Is there a way to automate the location of the Basin Icon so that is properly represented in the Catchment area delineated in C#D.

Hi,

I guess, I misinterprated your question. What I meant to say was, when a subbasin/catchment area is delineated in SSA, the subbasin icon is by default located at the centroid of that polygon representing the catchment area.

The isue you are seeing is because the STM file doesn’t store catchment boundary information – and doesn’t know it’s location.  It’s only schematically relative to the structure – so it comes in at 2:00 o’clock from the structure.  So SSA doesn’t know about the boundary – it only shows it graphically by importing the C3D file.

You may want to drag the Subbasin icons toward the center of each catchment that comes into SSA as a background drawing from Civil 3D. Once you are all set, you can lock the coordinates of the elements within SSA using the Lock icon in the Tool bar.

Thanks,

Product Support
Matt_Haokip
Message 2 of 5 (487 Views)

Re: C3D to SSA - Catchment to Basin

04-16-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: carlirwin3430

Hi,

SSA by default places the subbasin icon at the centroid of the polygon, so unfortunately there is no option to change the location of the icon.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
carlirwin3430
Message 3 of 5 (485 Views)

04-16-2012 06:15 PM in reply to: carlirwin3430

Thanks for the response.   However, the ICONs are not being located within the centroid of the catchment, but are outside of it.  Most cases they are located about 2:00 O'clock.  The catchments we are creating are based on objects / drawn polylines which discharge to an inlet.

Product Support
Matt_Haokip
Message 4 of 5 (456 Views)

04-17-2012 03:17 PM in reply to: carlirwin3430

Hi,

I guess, I misinterprated your question. What I meant to say was, when a subbasin/catchment area is delineated in SSA, the subbasin icon is by default located at the centroid of that polygon representing the catchment area.

The isue you are seeing is because the STM file doesn’t store catchment boundary information – and doesn’t know it’s location.  It’s only schematically relative to the structure – so it comes in at 2:00 o’clock from the structure.  So SSA doesn’t know about the boundary – it only shows it graphically by importing the C3D file.

You may want to drag the Subbasin icons toward the center of each catchment that comes into SSA as a background drawing from Civil 3D. Once you are all set, you can lock the coordinates of the elements within SSA using the Lock icon in the Tool bar.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
carlirwin3430
Message 5 of 5 (448 Views)

04-17-2012 05:25 PM in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Thanks Matt!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!