Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis (former StormNET) is now available!

68 REPLIES 68
Message 1 of 69
Anonymous
17997 Views, 68 Replies

Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis (former StormNET) is now available!

Civil 3D and Map 3D subscription customers in North America can now download
Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis Stand-Alone.

Looking forward to using this group to talk about the product and your
projects!

head over to www.autodesk.com/subscription to download the extension!

If you aren't sure if you are on subscription, ask your CAD manager or
Autodesk reseller.

The Autodesk® Storm and Sanitary Analysis Stand-Alone 2011 Extension is a
comprehensive, hydrodynamic hydrology and hydraulic analysis application for
planning and designing urban drainage systems, storm sewers including
highway drainage systems, and sanitary sewers.

With this extension, engineers and planners using AutoCAD® Civil 3D® and/or
AutoCAD® Map 3D software can analyze both simple and complex networks
including:
? Inlets and catch basins
? Detention ponds and outlet structures
? Interconnected ponds
? Flow dividers, standpipes, weirs, and orifices
? Pumps and lift stations
? Manholes and junctions
? Rivers, streams, and ditches
? Culverts and bridges

Some of the key features and benefits of the Autodesk Storm and Sanitary
Analysis Stand-Alone Extension are:
? Bi-directional exchange of data with AutoCAD Map 3D and AutoCAD Civil 3D
? No limitation on the number of pipes or elements you can include in your
model
? Widely-accepted SWMM analysis engine
? Broad range of hydrologic methods
? Stormwater BMPs
? Detention pond design
? Stormwater quality modeling
? Customizable report generation for regulatory review
? GIS interoperability
? Work in either US or Metric (SI) units

I wrote a blog post about the release
here:http://bimontherocks.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/04/autodesk-storm-and-sanitarty-analysis-former-stormnet-is-now-available.html

and Matt Anderson wrote one
here:http://civil3dpedia.com/2010/04/30/autodesk-storm-and-sanitary-analysis-stand-alone-2011-is-live/

--
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
http://bimontherocks.typepad.com
http://www.facebook.com/autocadcivil3d
68 REPLIES 68
Message 21 of 69
annw2
in reply to: Anonymous

That is disapointing. I wanted to install SSA without the 3d until I hear back how stable 2011 is. I deliberately didn't install 2010 as it undid all the benefits of 2009.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 22 of 69
Anonymous

2011 is stable, and is used for licensing. Install it, don't open it.
Run SSA.

Matthew Anderson, PE

On 5/12/2010 4:57 PM, annw2 wrote:
> That is disapointing. I wanted to install SSA without the 3d until I hear back how stable 2011 is. I deliberately didn't install 2010 as it undid all the benefits of 2009.
>
Message 23 of 69
Charlie.Ogden

The Civil 2011 Object Enabler is now available to download.
In case you haven't come across it yet, you can find it here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15131158&linkID=9240618

Remember to use the 32-bit version, even if you are on a 64-bit machine - because SSA is a 32-bit application.

Charlie Ogden, PE
QA Analyst

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 24 of 69
jalneal

I'm really amazed that on opening this thread that this has received such a lukewarm welcome. Since LDT version 1, after several years of using Haestad Products, and feeling gravely underpowered in the linked hydraulic analysis using the rather crude and limiting (albeit easy to use) intellisolve tools, I am thrilled to see Civil3d incorporate such a powerful hydraulics and hydrology set of tools. I can't wait to see it evolve as it becomes further integrated, but I have to say, this personally has been the greatest added value to Civil3d in the last 3 years, IMO. Thanks dana and Matt for providing all the information you have, I look forward to seeing future posts on the topic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Neal, P.E.
Autodesk Infrastructure Suite Premium 2012/2013
Windows 7, x64
Xeon E31225 w/ Quadro 600
Message 25 of 69
Dino.Lustri

I completely agree with Alan. I've been modeling hydraulics and hydrology for close to two decades and this add on makes me feel like 'finally' I have the right tool for the job and I don't have to go spend another $3000 on software that's used intermittently throughout the year. I'm excited about the possibilities. Of course, being an end user and never satisfied, I can't wait for more integration with Civil 3D objects like parcels as tributary areas and just simple labeling and dynamic graphics utilizing styles. I know it was just released and I'm asking for more!
Message 26 of 69
rosepatenaude2083

One of the challenges I had with StormNET is that there was no global assignment for applying Sanitary Time Patterns to Nodes (Dry weather sanitary inflow) in the GUI system . So when working with "unlimited elements", you have to open up each element (node or manhole) and assign the STP individually. With a model of over 2,000 manholes, I found this very laborious. Even an automatic assignment to the default STP would work.

Any insight on this issue? I requested that BOSS address this issue last fall; however, with the AutoDesk purchase underway, they were unresponsive.

Thanks for any help you have to speed up this!

Rose
Message 27 of 69
Anonymous

Rose -

We will look into it.

Matthew Anderson, PE
QA

On 5/28/2010 2:38 PM, rosepatenaude2083 wrote:
> One of the challenges I had with StormNET is that there was no global assignment for applying Sanitary Time Patterns to Nodes (Dry weather sanitary inflow) in the GUI system . So when working with "unlimited elements", you have to open up each element (node or manhole) and assign the STP individually. With a model of over 2,000 manholes, I found this very laborious. Even an automatic assignment to the default STP would work.
>
> Any insight on this issue? I requested that BOSS address this issue last fall; however, with the AutoDesk purchase underway, they were unresponsive.
>
> Thanks for any help you have to speed up this!
>
> Rose
>
Message 28 of 69
DBRay

Rose,

The feature you are suggesting is implemented in Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis (formerly known as StormNET). You could now open "External Inflows" dialog from "Left Panel Tree View" or from the "Input" menu. This dialog will allow the user to assign "External Inflows" to the nodes present in the network from a single dialog rather than opening dialog from each individual node.

Please refer section "External Inflows" in the Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis User Manual (Chapter 9).

Thank you,

Debajit
Message 29 of 69
DBRay

Rose,

The feature you are suggesting is implemented in Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis (formerly known as StormNET). You could now open "External Inflows" dialog from "Left Panel Tree View" or from the "Input" menu. This dialog will allow the user to assign "External Inflows" to the nodes present in the network from a single dialog rather than opening dialog from each individual node.

Please refer "External Inflows" in the Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis User Manual (Chapter 9).

Thank you,

Debajit

> {quote:title=rosepatenaude2083 wrote:}{quote}
> One of the challenges I had with StormNET is that there was no global assignment for applying Sanitary Time Patterns to Nodes (Dry weather sanitary inflow) in the GUI system . So when working with "unlimited elements", you have to open up each element (node or manhole) and assign the STP individually. With a model of over 2,000 manholes, I found this very laborious. Even an automatic assignment to the default STP would work.
>
> Any insight on this issue? I requested that BOSS address this issue last fall; however, with the AutoDesk purchase underway, they were unresponsive.
>
> Thanks for any help you have to speed up this!
>
> Rose

Edited by: DBRay on May 31, 2010 9:50 AM
Message 30 of 69
Stanhagel

Hi Dana,

My guess is that regionalization of SSA for South Africa will only happen in many years' time, if ever. Is there any chance of obtaining a North American version of SSA, or does Autodesk perceive some sort of liability issues if SSA is used outside of this region?

We are quite used to making software designed for US conditions work for us, and have been using EPA SWMM and PCSWMM for many years. The Inlets capability is really what we are so desperate for!

Thanks, Leon
Message 31 of 69
Anonymous

To help Autodesk localize quicker, would you please forward references
for your local area?

Matthew Anderson, PE

On 5/31/2010 9:11 AM, Stanhagel wrote:
> Hi Dana,
>
> My guess is that regionalization of SSA for South Africa will only happen in many years' time, if ever. Is there any chance of obtaining a North American version of SSA, or does Autodesk perceive some sort of liability issues if SSA is used outside of this region?
>
> We are quite used to making software designed for US conditions work for us, and have been using EPA SWMM and PCSWMM for many years. The Inlets capability is really what we are so desperate for!
>
> Thanks, Leon
>
Message 32 of 69
PeterWhite67

Any idea when this will be available in the UK?

Pete

Message 33 of 69
andrewpuller3811

Any news on an expected general release date?

Here are some links to local content.

The AR&R is the standard for most areas in Australia as far as I'm aware.

Australian Rainfall and Runoff (AR&R)

http://www.ncwe.org.au/arr/index.html

http://www.eabooks.com.au/epages/eab.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eabooks/Categories/%22AUSTRALIAN%20RAINFA...

And a local government site for design requirements

Maitland City Council Engineering Documents

http://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/default.aspx?pageIdentifier=PlanningDevel%2fPDPubs%2fEngineeringStand...&

Maitland City Council Stormwater Design requirements

http://www.maitland.nsw.gov.au/UserFiles/006.pdf

Nearly all the local governments in NSW have stormwater requirements published on their web sites, which are listed here:

http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/dlg_LocalGovDirectory.asp?index=7&mi=2&ml=7

under "Local Councils" and "County Councils"

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 34 of 69
dana.probert

I posted a playlist today with a more detailed overview narrated by Chris Maeder, MS, PE.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6770A265E8AC181B

Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 35 of 69
jimmy

Hi,

The Autodesk® Storm and Sanitary Analysis Stand-Alone 2011”, I would like to ask is this software  be  a part ofAutoCAD  Civil3D 2011 package or it will be separate, and the storm water design in this software is it compatible with the Gulf area or not? And how to get this software in Middle East

Jimmy

Omnix International

Message 36 of 69
wsuswim147

Quick question that I cannot seem to find an answer for. In the profile plots, the background is black, limiting the visibilty of the other features. How do I change this background to white?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Message 37 of 69
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: wsuswim147

Dave -

If you Right-mouse click on the profile view, you can alter the colors and lineworks of the Profile Plot in the Profile Plot Options dialog box.

Unfortunately,  I don't know how you were able to set it black as that isn't possible for the profile plot.  The Plan view and Time Series plot backgrounds can be altered.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 38 of 69
wsuswim147

That is what I am struggling with. I never set the profile plot background color. Does this have anything to do with ACAD background color? Is it a program registry/design product value? As you said, I have been unable to find a value within the programs' GUI to modify the profile plot background color.

Message 39 of 69
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: wsuswim147

Are you running Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis 2011? or StormNET?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 40 of 69
wsuswim147

SSA2011. Pipe network was created in Civil 3D 2009 and exported to LandXML for import into SSA2011 (The company has not made the switch to C3D 2011 yet). Would an export of the file for import into a new SSA2011 file be in order. I will post a screenshot of the profile tomm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report