Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional "Connected Pipe" item to list of properties

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AAristi
717 Views, 6 Replies

Additional "Connected Pipe" item to list of properties

I'm looking for a way to add another "Connected Pipe" item to list of properties of the Structure Label Text Component Editor?

ScreenCapture-2011-10-06_120703.jpg

I would like to add something like:  "Connected Pipe Status" or "Connected Pipe Condition".  It would have to be a String field which can be easily edted within the drawing.

I know how to edit the XML file to add custom field to the pipes, but those are not recognized by the Structure Label properties.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tomyao
in reply to: AAristi

Hi, I successfully edit the XML file to add custom properties to the structures, and get the items from labels.

Could you attach your modified XML file and let's see what the problem is?

Message 3 of 7
AAristi
in reply to: tomyao

Here are the XML files for the Structure and Pipe

Message 4 of 7
tomyao

Sorry, I haven't found any custom property in your attached XML file.

I'd suggest you to modify the XML file in following path: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Pipes Catalog\Aecc Shared Content\AeccPartParamCfg.xml, instead of the XML file of individual part type.

For example, I added a property called 'Abc' for stucture domain in the following XML file.

Hope it meet your requirement.

Message 5 of 7
AAristi

Thank you for your help.

Are these the XML files you were talking about?

As I mentioned before, I was able to add custom information to the pipe (Additional Custom Information field), but it is not recognized by the connected Structure.  I need to be able to have that information show up in the Connected Pipe Data, or at least on the Structure labels.

Message 6 of 7
tomyao

We can customize Pipe properties for Pipe label or Stucture properties for structure label. But currently there's no way to show the connnected pipe's customized properties in stucture label. The connnected pipe's properties listed in stucture label style are hard coded.

Message 7 of 7
AAristi

That's what I was affraid of.

I wish there was a way for an extra "Description" field to be used.  The current "Description" field on the Pipes is the only editable field that the Structures read from the pipe information.  If Autodesk created a way for the users to add additional "Description" fields it would help a lot.

Thank you for all your help.  I'll keep looking for a work-around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report