Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual length of sections of pipes and other variables

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
241 Views, 3 Replies

Actual length of sections of pipes and other variables

Hi there.  I'm fairly new to Civil 3D (only been using it for a few weeks now) and my role is service coordination and stormwater design.  I was wondering if it is possible to use restrictions when designing a network such as maximum length of a section of pipe (e.g. the size the pipe is delivered in), whether or not the pipe can be cut (e.g. PE can be cut, but RC cannot) maximum deflection angle at joints, and maximum bending per section. 

As you could imagine this would help greatly with avoiding construction issues and cost estimating, but is this possible?  I've had a search but couldn't find anything.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Edit:  should I be looking into creating assemblies? 

Message 3 of 4
wfberry

I probably will not be of much help here, but I have been around stormwater construction for several decades and have never seen any pipe that could not be cut.

Bill

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If i remember right you can set a pipe rule with maximum lengths. I use blocks for bends/deflections angles so i know its a true 45 degree angle.

Tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report