Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Civil 3D and SSA Spacebar Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rce_00753
506 Views, 2 Replies

2015 Civil 3D and SSA Spacebar Issue

I am having an SSA and Civil 3D spacebar issue in the new 2015 package.  It seems that every time I try to type a description in for juntions and links in SSA 2015 the spacebar will not work.  In addition, in Civil 3D 2015, when I type commands with the keyboard and then hit the space bar, it takes a few times of hitting the spacebar for the command to activate.  My spacebar works just fine for every other program (including the post I am typing now in IE).  I have all the latest SPs installed.  Anyone else having this issue or anyone know of a link to this problem?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: rce_00753

For SSA: Try Ctrl+Spacework while entering node/link descriptions

For the spacebar issue with Civil 3D, please consider posting the question at the Civil 3D general forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/bd-p/66
Message 3 of 3
Sportyyyy
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Smiley Mad Man Mad Woman Mad Cat Mad Robot Mad 

Apparently those are the closest I can get to a "WTF" emoticon because that is BS, Autodesk.  

Granted, I'm already freaking pissed after "discovering" (the manual is full of lies) SSA Inlets cannot account for flooding/overflow/overtopping and will dump those flows/volumes from the network.  

Now to learn the spacebar only works if you hit "CTRL"!?!?  And there's clearly no reason that should be mentioned in the manual.

SSA BLOWS.JPG

SCS Type II 24-hr 1-yr  storm event.  Blue dots = inlets flooding (or where flows are discarded from the model).  Also known as "Melanie gets to spend weekend time doing a Save-As for every storm event and converting flooded inlets to junctions in order to make the model slightly better than 'totally useless'."

Thanks Autodesk, our company will do all future modeling using alternative software.

(probably from a company that actually updates/fixes it's software more than once every 5 years)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report