Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Thickness

Surface Thickness

I really do not know how everyone models there surfaces, If they do the Parking lot as its own surface, Sidewalks, Building, etc, then paste them into an overall proposed surface. I was wondering of a quick way to get earthwork and quantities oppose to using a third party software to assign thickness to exported polylines.

Anyways with the above workflow, (or something like it), it would be nice to get a quanities with earthwork on the fly. I did not know (like an Assembly) if a surface can be made similiarly. Or if there is away that with boundaries on the surface that we can apply sections to different parts of the surface. Hopefully we could export into a report or something.

I guess the more I am thinking about this, Why can we not apply (A Detail Section) to 3D objects as well? If I have a pipe bedding detail, why could I not apply that detail to a pipe and then it generate a report of the volume.

Sorry for the rambling, hopefully others can give a better idea than what I came up with.... (PS SITEOPS)

1 Comment
troma
Mentor

Is this what you're looking for?

It can certainly use some improvement, but it's a start at least.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report