Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom to Line Segment Label Tag?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2354 Views, 7 Replies

Zoom to Line Segment Label Tag?

Is there a command in C3D 2010 that will allow you to find and zoom to  a given Line or Curve Segment Label Tag?

i.e.     If I can't find L1306, I want the prgm to find the label tag and zoom to.  I hope so.  Smiley Surprised

Thanks,

Steve (using Win7, C3d 2010, no SP)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mjung
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm guessing by the lack of an answer here that there is no way to zoom/pan to a specific tag # in any version of Civil 3D?

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mjung

I've been doing a bit of searching and can't find anything on this... is there really no way to zoom to a specific line label tag? Wasn't this a feature at some point in the past?

Message 4 of 8
CharlieTangoPapa
in reply to: Anonymous

As of today, I still find no solution to this.

Message 5 of 8
cwr-pae
in reply to: CharlieTangoPapa

It can't be done directly but it can be done. You can get the northing and easting of the line segment in a table. Using Zoom Center and the transparent filter for northing and easting you can then zoom to the start or end of the line segment.

Zoom <enter> center <enter> 'ne (the transparent northing easting command) <enter><follow command line propmts to enter northing and easting> <esc to close the transparent command> <enter a zoom height (I use 100 to 200)> <enter>

Message 6 of 8
CharlieTangoPapa
in reply to: cwr-pae

Of course there are work-a-rounds. I like the "save as" option. Save the drawing as a garbage file and explode all the dimensions down to text. Then use the "Find" command. 

But it seems to me that by now Autodesk would have made "zoom to" an option since the label listed in the table is built by that object. 

When I'm in edit points I can right click on a point and zoom to, and it takes me to the point in the drawing. I would like the same functionality from the curve and line table.

Message 7 of 8

@CharlieTangoPapa wrote:

Of course there are work-a-rounds. I like the "save as" option. Save the drawing as a garbage file and explode all the dimensions down to text. Then use the "Find" command. 

But it seems to me that by now Autodesk would have made "zoom to" an option since the label listed in the table is built by that object. 

When I'm in edit points I can right click on a point and zoom to, and it takes me to the point in the drawing. I would like the same functionality from the curve and line table.

I, too, use the 'Save As' work-a-round. It has been the... "Easiest".. way to find those pesky tags in an inherited drawing with 400-600+ Table Tags.

On a related note, are we surprised Autodesk hasn't added this function to Civil? It's been 15 years, and we still can't even modify the row height in L&C Tables without some janky a** workaround. It really seems like the Tag Tables for us Civil users was added, and subsequently forgotten about, seeing as they haven't improved any time recently.

Message 8 of 8

This is probably one of the most useful posts I have found on this site. Thank you. I already showed this to the girl who handles most of the wetland plats and final plats. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report