Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREFs will not display

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
pserpas
8849 Views, 8 Replies

XREFs will not display

Many times when I try to attach a xref and do a zoom extents, I cannot find the drawing.  I change my limits to -999999,-999999 and 999999,999999 but still nothing.  This seems to be a random problem.

Pat

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
8 GB Ram
Intel Core i5-2310 @ 2.90 GHz
v. F.107.0.0 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP1
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Strakan
in reply to: pserpas

Two things I can think of:

Check to make sure your XREF is on the zero Layer or

Type Options, and under the display tab, turn your XREF fade control to -90.

Message 3 of 9
Jeff_M

If you have drawing A with C3D objects in it (such as a Surface), you then open drawing B and Xref A as on overlay. Now add some surface labels for the xref'ed surface in A. If you now try to Xref B into a drawing C, you will have broken labels sinc ethe overlay'ed drawing A is not available for the Labels in B to update from....make sense? So now in C you will have these "broken reference" labels all at 0,0, and if the drawings themselves are at normal State Plane coordinates of say 300,000/1,000,000 then a zoom extents will not appear to display anything since these objects will be too small to see. Try selecting with a crossing selection near 0,0 and you will likely find the culprit.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 9
bdevineni

I do have the same trouble. I have a drawing "A" with limits 0,0 to 36,24. I am trying to attach this drawing to a layout of dwg "B". I can see it in reference diaglog box, but I dont find it in layout. I checked all other options like layer on, fade -90, everything is ok. I did quickselect xref and It is selecting the ref "A" with a grip point at 0,0. But I dont see it.

However, I had xrefed again in model. I find it attached at different location coordinates -2960277.4188,-13825882.14. But the insertion point in properties shows me 0,0,0 and scale as 1.0.

Can anyone suggest me how to correct this bug?

Message 5 of 9
troma
in reply to: bdevineni

Welcome to the forums.

You're generally better off starting a new thread than adding to an old one with a new question.  I don't think your problem is related.  You can't x-ref a drawing into a layout, paperspace, as far as I know.  Try inserting it as a block instead.

I don't quite follow the problem you had with x-reffing into model.  Let me ask you: is drawing A drawn in model or paper?  You can only x-ref what is in the model space.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 9
bdevineni
in reply to: troma

Actually we can xref a drawing A (which is drawn in model) to paperspace of dwg B. I always do that for titleblock.

The drawing which I draw is in model space with limits 0,0 and 36,24. When I xref it in dwg B - it is not inserting at 0,0. It is inserting at -2960277.4188,-13825882.14. which is far away. I units are matched, which is feet (both dwgs). I dont know why it is not inserting at 0,0.

Message 7 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Yes you can. I do it all the time for key maps.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
troma
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Well there you go, always something new!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 9 of 9
hvadalia

Open your company template, insert as a block and explode it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report