Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xrefs in General

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tjlotterhand
239 Views, 2 Replies

Xrefs in General

This may be a dumb question but I can't seem to find the solution anywhere on the internet..

When you xref in a drawing, and there is an xref built into that xref, how do you display those xref's in the the drawing you just set up?

In other words, you have drawing A, make and xref to Drawing B, which contains an xref to Drawing C. How to i display Drawing C in drawing A?

Is it some sort of setting? I've tried overlaying versus attaching, and full path versus relative path.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vlsheehan
in reply to: tjlotterhand

When referencing Drawing C into Drawing B, set the Reference Type to Attachment and not Overlay.

XREF.png

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: tjlotterhand

An attach XREF will be included whenever the host is XREF'd anywhere.  An overlay XREF will only be included in that host, not where that host is XREF'd.

A (child) XREF'd into B (host) using attach - when B is XREF'd into C, C will now have both B and A as XREFs.

A (child) XREF'd into B (host) using overlay - when B is XREF'd into C, C will now have only B as an XREF.

Use the Tree View in the XREF palette - this can be very helpful in tracking down parent/child XREF dependancies.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report