Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xreffed Corridor - with "intelligence"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Louisa
187 Views, 3 Replies

Xreffed Corridor - with "intelligence"

I've heard that a corridor object can successfully be brought into a new drawing via xref in C3D08. When I xref a drawing with a corridor in it, I get no indication that anything magical has happened. I've tried it both as an overlay and an attachment.

I can't find any help topics on it.

Has anyone done this?
Should I be seeing a corridor show up in Prospector?
What does xreffing a corridor allow/not allow you to do?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Louisa
in reply to: Louisa

Ok-

Here’s the scoop on corridors in xrefs. (Thank you James Wedding.)

In order to do anything with the corridor in an xref, you need to have the alignment referenced in either through vault or data shortcuts.

You won’t see anything in prospector indicating that anything besides the data shortcuts are there.

Once you have the corridor Xreffed, the only thing you can really do with it is create cross sections. Sadly, that’s it. You can’t extract feature lines or anything fun like that.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

If you do the cross section samples lines in the drawing with the xref
corridor and not in the source drawing, you will cut the corridor processing
time by around 50%.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
sjc72

Another important thing you can do in the dwg with the xrefd corridor is to compute materials (quantity takeoffs). The processing time thats involved with this command can be very long, depending on how many sample lines and materials your computing, so its good to do in this drawing that has virtually nothing else in it.

I do have constant problems with some, but not all, of the material quantities disappearing after a save, leave the dwg, and then reopen. I believe this is a bug, but have never gotten confirmation or resolution to this problem. Is this a bug Peter?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report